Follow our tips and advice to stay safe on the road.
To stay safe on the road you should:
- Always use the Green Cross Code STOP, LOOK, LISTEN!
- Always hold an adult’s hand when you are near the road
- Wear a seat belt when travelling in the car and use the right child or booster seat
- Make sure you are properly trained to ride your bike on the road
- Always wear a cycle helmet and bright reflective clothes when on your bike
- Be bright and be seen whenever you are near a road
- Put away your headphones or mobile phone when crossing the road
- Always walk on the pavement or footpath where there is one
- Know and understand the school crossing signs